Due to growth, my client, a leading International business based in Dublin 7, seek a Financial Accountant. You may be a qualified accountant (from practice or industry) with 1-2 years PQE looking for a more varied and commercial role or potentially a recently qualified accountant from practice (ideally Top 20 / Medium sized) looking for a first move to industry in a varied and commercial Financial Accounting role.
This role will be varied and interesting, and work within an experienced and collaborative team. There is an excellent work life balance on offer as well as a very competitive salary and benefits for the right person.
- Maintaining adequate accounting records and ensuring all financial information is processed in accordance with applicable accounting standards and company law, including performing balance sheet reconciliations;
- Prepare year end files for audit and tax returns;
- Preparation of statutory financial statements;
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation and filing of VAT returns
- Liaise with external tax advisors on matters affecting the preparation and timely filing of the annual tax returns
- Working with the Financial Controller to manage the treasury function and loan portfolio;
- Work as part of the finance team on ad hoc projects as they arise;
- Provide a back-up resource to the Finance Director and Controller as and when required;
- Support the investment team, where necessary in financial analysis and due diligence on new deals
- Qualified Accountant ideally with 1-2 years PQE but a very bright newly qualified would also be considered.
- Strong IT skills to include financial systems and MS office – particularly excel.
- Excellent organisational, numeric and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail..
- Excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong communication skills and excellent oral and written English skills.